iCloud drive photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mattopotamus, Nov 23, 2014.

1. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Photo drive is similar to photo stream, but it is not just the last 1000 photos. It is not like drop box where you can upload the photo and then just delete them on your phone. That is what I was hoping for.

If that is what I wanted (cloud photo storage). I could just create a new folder in the drive portion, download the photos to my computer, and then just reupload them to the new folder?

Is that right or are the photos suppose to actually stay in icloud photo drive once uploaded? If so, mine are not staying...

2. ZEEN0j, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

iCloud photos library is a always connected online library synced to all your devices. If I have zero photos on my iPhone and then take a picture. It will appear on my iPad as if I took it with my iPad. In my "camera roll" now namned all photos. If I delete that photo from my iPhone it will delete it from all devices as well. It's not like Dropbox or photo stream.

edit: Thought you meant iCloud Photo Library

Edit 2: I once uploaded an mkv video to a folder I created in iCloud drive. I could see it in the documents 5 app. Is that not working for you or am I missing the point?

3. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You helped me. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. They need to make it like Dropbox damnit!