Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
I was just curious if anyone knew any information on the photos app for Yosemite. I noticed it was in the keynote today for a split second, but they never went into any detail as to if they would be releasing it now or later, or at all?

Is it just going to be through iPhoto until they release it later in Q1 2015 like previously rumored around the time the first beta was released?

I'm on the latest developer GM and there's no photos app, and honestly it seems like on the mac, they're just using the same photo stream feature setup (which I hate).

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
It's still slated for anytime in 2015. They also showed Photos on icloud.com. I think that's their temporarily solution for that problem.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
It's still slated for anytime in 2015. They also showed Photos on icloud.com. I think that's their temporarily solution for that problem.

Did they say that though? I had accepted that it wasn't going to be out until 2015, but then they randomly showed it off and acted as if it was going to be in Yosemite on release. It was right before they mentioned the iCloud.com option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.