iCloud Drive root folder not syncing, but App Folders ok

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by steveaburns, Jul 14, 2016.

1. steveaburns macrumors newbie

steveaburns

I can't figure a way out of this... any ideas would be greatly appreciated

I have 2 MBPs, both signed into iCloud, same apple id, with iCloud Drive turned on in preferences. One is on EL Capitan (latest), and other on macOS Sierra Beta 2.

On EL Capitan machine all is fine -- put a file in iCloud drive from the web browser syncs fine, or vice versa, put a file in top level folder on iCloud Drive in finder, syncs, can see it in the web browser iCloud drive.

On Sierra, no files sync down to iCloud Drive root folder (ie. click iCloud Drive in finder - top level no files), only the application folder and files (TextEdit, Pages, ...). I can place new files in the application folders and they sync fine. I.e. put a new file in TextEdit called a.txt, and I'll see it sync over to my other machine.

again, both machines have iCloud Drive turned ON. I have plenty of storage space spare on iCloud Drive.

I figured it was a Beta Sierra bug... however, I reset my Sierra MBP, wiped drive completely, and did a fresh install of EL Capitan (latest)... I have the same problem no longer can sync files from the iCloud Drive root folder, only the app folders. again, iCloud Drive is tuned on....

2. steveaburns thread starter macrumors newbie

steveaburns

Well, it seems all I had to do was wait. After a day, my files started showing up...