iCloud Drive Shared Folders?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by JarredWagner, Sep 23, 2014.

1. JarredWagner macrumors member

JarredWagner

Is there any indication that Shared Folders (like Dropbox) will be a feature?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Coming Soon to an iCould near you.:D

[​IMG]

3. JarredWagner thread starter macrumors member

JarredWagner

With Dropbox, you can create a 'Shared Folder' that multiple users can have access to. Anyone with access can add/remove/link to files in the folder. This is great for collaborative projects or sharing files with family and friends. I am hoping that iCould drive will offer something similar.

4. leerichards1 macrumors regular

I'm hoping to be able to share entire folders also rather than just individual files. Currently doing so in Google Drive, but keen to migrate if possible. It's looking doubtful at the moment though.

5. Menel Suspended

Menel

Yea, it's fantastic.
    My fiance and I use this, with a secondary 1Password vault... so that we have a shared security vault of passwords and accounts.

6. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Am I missing something, or does iCloud Drive STILL not allow subfolders? I'd like to create some folders to share with my family, but I really want to create a folder structure to keep things organized.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You mean like this? You can just make a new Folder and drag it into a Folder. Same as a HD location.

[​IMG]

8. Peepo macrumors 6502a

Try to make subfolders greater than one level deep in pages or numbers folders. Put files elsewhere and then try to load from ios pages or numbers outside their default folders.