iCloud Drive "upgrading"

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by soulsyphon, Sep 17, 2014.

1. soulsyphon macrumors regular

does anyone have any problems upgrading to icloud drive on ios8?

its been "upgrading" for the past two hours and i only have 95mb worth of stuff into icloud... whats going on

2. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

3. 98PoundGeekling macrumors newbie

98PoundGeekling

Mine stuck too, probably because of the number of people upgrading

Mine has been sitting for 30 min saying it's upgrading. Here's some possible insight from http://help.realmacsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/200737812:

Once you choose to upgrade to iCloud Drive, Apple’s iCloud servers migrate your previous Documents and Data to new servers behinds the scenes. As a result of this, you may find that it takes a short while for iCloud sync to re-start. If you are unable to see sync changes, please make sure that all your devices are using iCloud Drive, and try restarting your iOS 8 devices.

In our testing, the iCloud Drive migration has taken anything from a few seconds to up to an hour. This is something that Apple controls, and given the large number of users upgrading to iCloud Drive there may be a short delay while everything gets migrated on Apple’s part.​

4. soulsyphon thread starter macrumors regular

nah that doesn't answer my problem.

i've been in the upgrading state since 3pm EST. also i have turned my phone completely off, turned wifi off around 630pm est... its still saying upgrading.

i noticed icloud drive is on icloud.com but no access to it yet.

----------

i used the windows icloud control and upgraded it to 4.0, then turned on icloud drive and voila... i got access to icloud drive on my iphone and via icloud.com

though i'm missing the icloud drive icon on my phone...

5. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

6. Planey28 macrumors 6502

There is no iCloud drive app, it is accessed via a document picker extension within apps that support it.