Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
When I upload a large folder to iCloud Drive via OS X, how do I know the upload is done? It just uploads like a normal Finder copy/move operation - moves/copies the file(s)/folder(s) to the iCloud Drive folder, but does not indicate properly that it’s still uploading to iCloud. If the folder is large, how do I know for sure that it has finished uploading?

Conversely, on iCloud.com, when uploading files that way, it shows the complete progress of files being uploaded, one by one. Kind of cool and verbose, actually.

Am I missing something?

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
My progress indicator just hangs for me. I had the same question, but now I just ignore it, and move on. It seems to work out just fine. I shut down, and later re-open, and there is my folder, and the stuff I have in it, and all is well.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
My progress indicator just hangs for me. I had the same question, but now I just ignore it, and move on. It seems to work out just fine. I shut down, and later re-open, and there is my folder, and the stuff I have in it, and all is well.

What I meant is that on Yosemite, when uploading large files/folders to iCloud Drive, Finder shows the progress indicator for the file(s) being moved to iCloud Drive, but does not show the actual upload progress indicator to iCloud Drive. Does that make more sense?

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Yes it does, and it happens with me as well, but I have given up as to why. Perhaps with the final Gold Master is released it will work well.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
So does anyone else have an actual progress indicator when uploading files to iCloud Drive using OS X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.