iCloud Drive vs Dropbox

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by marc55, Jun 14, 2016.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

I've been using Dropbox for a long time now, and am wondering if iCloud is any better, especially for integration.

So, what do you guys think is the better of the two? Are there any major advantages of either one, or are they about the same?

Thank you
    m

2. zigmund555 macrumors member

Dropbox is better if you need to share files with multiple people.

iCloud Drive lets you share specific files with people, but it's mostly for you to share information between your devices using your account.

3. miniroll32 macrumors 6502a

miniroll32

I've used Dropbox for around 8 years and have had no problems. When iCloud Drive was first released, I gave it a go but switched back after a couple of months. I found it to be slow and unreliable; the services may have improved since however.

Even if they did, the Drive app for iOS is just so basic and lacks a lot of functionality.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Dropbox is much more reliable. I'd love to switch to iCloud Drive, but it fails sync too often and doesn't have as many features (such as selective sync).

5. marc55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marc55

6. Tech198 macrumors G4

I've just noticed Dropbox doesn't allow u to share *large* 4Gig at least, files unless the other receipt has a drop account.. limitation...