Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jclo

Managing Editor
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
For those of you running Yosemite, I'm curious about iCloud Drive. Is it working during the beta? How does it compare to Dropbox?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I can see "iCloud" tab but I stuck a picture there and no idea how I see it on my iPhone running iOS8? :confused:

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
For those of you running Yosemite, I'm curious about iCloud Drive. Is it working during the beta? How does it compare to Dropbox?
Does not work for me. I can put things in there like any other folder in finder but they do not Sync to my other Mac. Should work very similar to Dropbox when ready.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Does not work for me. I can put things in there like any other folder in finder but they do not Sync to my other Mac. Should work very similar to Dropbox when ready.

Yap, it shows as a regular folder and takes HDD/SSD space when you copy something to it.

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Speaking of comparison to Dropbox, I have a related question -- hope the OP doesn't mind. Can I still create a symbolic link using Terminal within my iCloud folder and have it work perfectly like with Dropbox?

I'm pretty anal with file organization and probably wouldn't want to store some things directly in iCloud as opposed to with the rest of the related things on my MacBook Pro's local drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.