iCloud driving me crazy!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by siforestiero, Nov 26, 2011.

1. siforestiero macrumors newbie

Hi guys! New to the forum and would really appreciate your help after wasting hours trying to resolve this issue myself....

I HAD a MobileMe account setup to have an external cloud backup of my iPhone3GS, so when I got an iPad2 last week for my birthday I updated everything to IOS 5 & latest iTunes on my (windows7) laptop so I could use iCloud to sync my devices.

Trouble is, the calendar from my iPhone has migrated to the cloud fine (I can see it online & on my iPad with updates automatically adding themselves as they should)....

BUT

No matter what I do the contacts from my iPhone DO NOT! It's driving me crazy! I even had the nightmare scenario where at one point all of my contacts had disappeared from the phone's CONTACTS list (even though they were still there when I went to add a name to an SMS)

Applying the 'sync contacts' checkbox in iTunes & turning the icloud contacts tab off, then on again on my iPhone sorted that (phew!)

The 'contacts' tab is now activated via Settings>iCloud

Backing up the phone when syncing my iPhone to Windows Contacts doesn't seem to drag a copy of them to my laptop, so I'm currently without any backup of all of my contacts anywhere and I'm concerned that when I get my iPhone4s or, worse still, something happens to my phone... I will have no opportunity to restore them (nightmare scenario!)

Any help greatly appreciated.....

Si

2. siforestiero thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just tried backing them up To Google Contacts too and they're STILL not doing it - it's as though all the contacts are on my phone but can't be seen by iCloud or iTunes when syncing - the thing is, it HAS got my calendar... VERY annoying!!!! :(