iCloud e-mail issues

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Yebubbleman, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Prefacing note to the moderators: There's no iCloud section of the forums. Or at least, no iCloud section that is easily navigated to. If there is and I just don't know about it, please move this thread there.

My problem: About a week and a half or so ago, my non-Apple devices all stopped being able to check for mail on my iCloud-provided e-mail account on account that my address/username and/or password was incorrect (which it shouldn't be if nothing on my end changed).

I used to work for an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) and, thusly, had GSX access. Ever since working for said AASP, Apple requires that I change my AppleID password every so often. I'd imagine that much is normal. So, figuring that it was likely time to change my password, I logged into the AppleID site (which would ordinarily trigger the "your password has expired and needs to be changed" song and dance), but found that my current password had not yet expired.

In fact, everything within the context of Apple devices (my iPhone, my iPads, my Mac, my AppleTV, iPod touch, etc.) is working fine. However, I have a number of Android devices, all of which can't get into my e-mail via the Gmail mail client. I have an old Surface RT that work didn't want anymore. I had Outlook 2013 for Windows RT set up with my iCloud account and found that it, too, couldn't fetch mail in the same fashion. Same with Windows 10's stock mail client on my PCs. The iCloud.com webmail works fine. Even stranger, my Mac is still on El Capitan (not a fan of Sierra), and my iOS devices are split between iOS 9.3.5 (for my mini 4 and my 6s Plus), the latest iOS 10.3.3 public beta (my mini 2), and iOS 10.3.2 (my first gen 12.9" Pro) and I can get my mail just fine on all of these using Apple Mail.

Needless to say, any insight here would be much appreciated! :)

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Down the forum page - under Apple services ? There is an icloud section