iCloud email address as Apple primary address?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by sdm1985, Oct 4, 2011.

1. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

I've just set up an @me mail account and I'm now able to login also using @me as well as my previous ID. What I want to know is, how can I change my Apple primary email address as it's still sending emails to my Hotmail rather than my iCloud @me account. I've tried changing it, but it will not work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Shawn

2. naveah macrumors regular

I think if you go to https://appleid.apple.com, you should be able to change your primary email address by login in there. You may have to verify your iCloud email address.

3. sdm1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for your response.

It isn't letting me change my primary email address (Apple ID) to an @ME address. I don't want my emails from 'Find My iPhone' going to my Hotmail as I am phasing that out.

Yes, I can sign in using my @ME, I just need my primary email to be the same.

Grr.

4. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

When i used the iOS 5 to create my iCloud email address, i didn't have to set a password. Does this mean the password is the same as the password that was set for my Apple I.D?