icloud email address

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mattburley7, Sep 16, 2012.

1. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

has anyone been able to convert there @me.com email address to @icloud.com? not finding any way how to do it on iOS 6 or through icloud.com

2. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

The only way I can figure it out is to log into the iCloud website, go to mail, preferences, alias and create a new one.

It now creates an alias with @icloud.com instead of @me.com. I want to actually CHANGE my @me.com address to @icloud.com and not just create an alias. I'll be just keeping it as @me if I can't convert it to @icloud.

It's rather confusing, I wish Apple would provide some clarity.

3. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

they are automatically combined. Your "me.com" account is also a "iCloud.com"

4. xmnj macrumors member

I have been using my iCloud address without having to do anything, besides changing it in settings so people getting email from me see it as iCloud.

5. mattburley7 thread starter macrumors 68020

i tried creating the alias and even logging on to icloud.com with @icloud.com and neither method works :confused: do i have to wait till wednesday when ios 6 is officially released even though im running the gm?

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

What is the advantage of icloud.com email addresses vs. gmail, etc.?

7. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

I tried logging in with @icloud.com and sending mail to it but it's not working.

8. robb471 macrumors newbie

Any word on when the @icloud.com email addresses will go active?

9. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

It went active for me in iOS6 beta 2.

I can log into Messages (mac), Facetime (mac), iCloud(mac) iCloud.com, iCloud(iPhone) and iMessages (iPhone) with a @iCloud.com version of my @me address.

iTunes match (iPhone) and iTunes (Mac) revert me back to my @me address. It's all rather inconsistent.

----------

You need to select which address you want to send from in the settings; iCloud or Me.

10. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Gotta bump this thread. I'm running into the same road block as krspkbl. I can't even edit my iCloud account name at all in the settings.

I too want to keep the same alias, but just change @me to @icloud.