iCloud email forwarding issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmac4, Mar 15, 2015.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

So I have my gmail being forwarded to my iCloud email. Everything thing has been fine for the last 10 months, but since Friday I have been getting emails saying that my gmail forwarding has been delayed to the iCloud server. It keeps saying something about the iCloud server. I get at least 5 of these emails a day. Does anyone know what you are suppose to do about this? Is there an issue with iCloud?

2. asfalloth macrumors member

asfalloth

3. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

"Technical details of temporary failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain icloud.com by mx4.mail.icloud.com. [17.172.34.67].

The error that the other server returned was:
    451 4.5.3 Too many rejections; try again later."

4. dustininsf macrumors newbie

I've been having this exact same issue, since Friday as well. (I've been forwarding mail from my Google Apps Domain account to my @me address for at least the last 7 or 8 years) and have never noticed this happening before).

5. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

I look online, and it seems it's an Apple problem. It seems on Apple's forum one user called Apple, and they gave him no fix. I just started forwarding it to my yahoo email. Don't know anything else to do.

6. ryedarrow macrumors member

Same problem here and I'm pissed. Started Friday too.

I called support this morning and there is a "head tech" supposedly working on it. Guy said he'd already had a few calls about it