iCloud email forwarding

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by PMR, Mar 5, 2015.

1. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

Is there any trick to make this simple task work? I'm getting tired of apple piss poor services.
    Thanks

2. exi macrumors 6502

Other than that there is a delay between you enabling forwarding and it actually forwarding new messages, what problem is it you're having besides just being annoyed?

3. PMR thread starter macrumors 6502

PMR

Is that a rhetorical question? Should I be happy? Delay? What delay? The thing just doesn't work.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

How did you forward? You need to login to icloud.com and turn on forwarding there.

5. PMR thread starter macrumors 6502

PMR

Tech savvy guy here.

6. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

Then perhaps you can be a little more clear, unless your intention is to just rant rather than get actual help.

I've done forwarding for years and it works just fine.

7. PMR thread starter macrumors 6502

PMR

Well, I've forwarded emails for years also, and every other email provider worked as expected. I was asking for a trick, like ""sign out and reselect "delete email after forwarding"" type of thing, because other than that, there isn't a lot one can do.
    The rant is a thing to expect, since a lot of stuff isn't working as intended on the Apple side.

8. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

Well, for one have you tried forwarding to different addresses? It's certainly possible that the receiving server is rejecting the forwarded emails. When I said I've forwarded email for years, I meant I've forwarded them from my mac.com and iCloud.com accounts to other addresses for years.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I was just trying to get a little more information to try and help. Good luck with your problem.