Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TsunamiTheClown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Fiery+Cross+Reef
Anyone else having iCloud issues today (10.06.14)?

The Apple System Status page shows all green for me but my mail is hanging up on two different machines and will not pull in new messages.

I have restarted my mail app, Airmail several times but no luck. Is their something else in Activity viewer that I need to restart?

***UPDATE***

The latest solution for fixing iCloud email syncing problems using a third party app such as Airmail is detailed below. Basically you need to update to the latest version of Airmail and generate an app specific password to use when accessing your iCloud account from the mail app. See more below...

Last edited:

TsunamiTheClown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Fiery+Cross+Reef
Airmail public beta* fixed it for me the second time. It says macs > 10.8 can run it.

The settings from the apple support page didn't do the trick either, thks for the link tho.

The beta looks pretty classy as well.

* I checked the download out, seems legit. Some other links to that download page:
http://airmailapp.com
http://support.airmailapp.com/post/99209692933/icloud-connection-issues (in the comments)

And the support.airmailapp.com domain is linked from the Airmail app in the app store. ...i just don't trust the internet.

Bet theres an update coming before the beta is ready.

viizi

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
downloaded beta, now my gmail doesn't work either lol. Looks like I am using browser based email for a while :(

TsunamiTheClown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Fiery+Cross+Reef
downloaded beta, now my gmail doesn't work either lol. Looks like I am using browser based email for a while :(

Hmm, i don't have a gmail account anymore - i bet that is frustrating

Yeah the browser based email client is not too bad. It might be best to hold off on the beta if you do have a gmail account unless some one can get it working on the beta.

I have a few other POP3 email accounts that seem to work fine on the beta fwiw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.