iCloud Email on 64 Bit Windows 7

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by AtomicEdge, Aug 7, 2012.

1. AtomicEdge macrumors regular

Hey guys, I am using my iCloud e-mail more and more now, and I am fed up with the website interface.

I have it on my iPad, iPhone and Mac Mini, but my main computer is running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and has Office 2010 64 bit installed on it.

The iCloud control panel doesn't see Office 2010 64 bit as being the default e-mail handler and so it won't set it up okay.

Now I don't need to use the control panel, but I can't for the life of me work out how to set it up manually. Searching the net for an answer to this is just lots of people confused that it's not working on 64 bit.

Has anyone got this working? I would really like to be able to use outlook.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Mountain Lion Mail app shows iCloud IMAP outgoing server as smtp.me.com and incoming as p01-imap.mail.me.com with just normal user name and password entries on my system. Can you just manually use those settings in Outlook?

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

There are several threads with many scenarios up at the Apple discussion groups on this subject. Check 'em out.

4. AtomicEdge thread starter macrumors regular

Okay this is weird.

I have 2 Windows 7 PC's here, one with Office 2010 Pro and one with Office 2013 Preview. I used these settings on both: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

Office 2013 Preview works, Office 2010 Pro doesn't.

Strange.