Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
does this just mean the server is jacked?

password is correct, worked about an hour ago, now its asking me for password.

i wish i could edit the incoming mail server. its at p01-imap.mail.me.com

ljcarr

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2010
Hi had a similar issue myself this morning however it seems to have been resolved. One other thing whilst I'm on, will the cloud service only work with your @me.com account? as its not receiving my default account from my service provider @o2.co.uk.

musicus

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2004
UK
Over and over again with this password...

The iCloud IMAP server "p99-imap.me.com" rejected the password for "me"

ugh... please fix this.

I'm still getting this - on the same server - but only when using Apple Mail. It seems to work fine when I use Mail at iCloud.com

Hopefully it will right itself in due course.

piperamirez

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
same here, it works fine in mail app at icloud.com but it keeps prompting me with incorrect user/password in both my iPad and Mac Pro

jlblodgett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Same problem here.

I should note it is an intermittent problem.

Sometimes it works great. Sometimes doesn't work.

As others have said, hopefully a temporary glitch that will get worked out soon.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
mail keeps saying the icloud password is wrong???

I finally got everything working (I think), but mail (on the mac) is saying the icloud password is wrong, and it is not!!! ????

Type X

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Case sensitive!
i had to update my old "me.com" password to meet the new 1 cap/1number parameters on icloud.

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Case sensitive!
i had to update my old "me.com" password to meet the new 1 cap/1number parameters on icloud.

AAAAH thank goodness someone figured this out! Now, where are you going to change it? I can't see a link on iCloud.com and haven't gotten my coffee yet....

Edit: never mind, found it.

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Same thing here. I've tried everything at this end down to killing the mail cache folder in the library. Gotta be a server problem, but it is working on 2 Macs out of five. Go figure.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
I don't think the password is the issue. If your password worked fine up until this morning, then it's likely not your password.

I cannot log into Mail on iCloud.com. My Mail app is repeatedly asking for a password. An hour ago everything was fine.

I think iCloud must be experiencing problems. Like MobileMe, I'm sure this will occur on a daily basis.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Mine is doing this also, what did you guys do to fix this, my MobileMe password has always been 1 cap/1 number password set?

chrismac2

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
Case sensitive!

I don't think that is the problem. It just so happens that you changing your password kind of "reset" something on their end. But this was working for me yesterday, then stopped working this morning.

Keeps asking for password.

I went into Mail app Preferences, and added "@me.com" to the account name and then it started working again. Without having to change my password.

Keep in mind this account was all auto-configured for me during the iCloud transition process after upgrading to 10.7.2.

eXpress

macrumors member
May 20, 2007
AAAAH thank goodness someone figured this out! Now, where are you going to change it? I can't see a link on iCloud.com and haven't gotten my coffee yet....

Edit: never mind, found it.

Still not following. Is the iCloud password the same as the Apple ID password?

Type X

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
I think everyone needs to realize that once they get the ios 5 and icloud you need to be VERY specific.

I have a different Me email for icloud then my itunes, with icloud/me's new password restrictions it just makes it "easier" to change itunes AND icloud to the new password so everytime it needs it you dont have to remember if its the Cap/# icloud one or the legacy itunes one.

This wasn't a huge pain for me after a few minutes of staring at the device but for my fiance & mom.... it will give ME a headache trying to explain it multiple times, so i just told them both to have one pass for all apple devices.

RexLeo

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
I have the same problem here with Mail. However, I can also no longer open Mail in the Browser. It displays a popup alert saying (translated from German): "Mail cannot be loaded. You can help Apple to improve iCloud by sending a report to Apple" My options are: "Retry", "Report to Apple", and "Close Mail". This is really weird - Contacts and Calendar load just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.