iCloud email

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by macloverJP, Oct 15, 2011.

1. macloverJP macrumors newbie

Yesterday i registered for iCloud and made @me.com email address, because of my ****** upload i'm not gonna use iCloud that much...
    So, what's happening if you don't use your iCloud? Can Apple delete my acc and email?
    Also, if i delete my iCloud :)confused:), does that delete immediately my @me.com email ?

And last question, anyone tried puting .(dot) into address? Is it same as Gmail?

Tried putting dot into email and nothing happend, so icloud doesn't ignore dot in email.

2. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

my icloud id does have a . in the address, that works a treat.

3. macloverJP thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking about Gmail thing with dot or dots in email...
    If your email is macrumors@Gmail.com, sending email to Mac.rumors or m.a.c.rumors@Gmail.com is the same... Gmail ignores dot/dots in address.

4. auero macrumors 65816

My account during beta worked perfectly fine. Let's say it was johndoe@me.com

I tried to login on my iPhone 4S yesterday and said it was already taken and that I need to make a new one. So I made john.doe@me.com but I've been having issues getting into my account. My friend has a period in his name and it works fine.

So basically no, johndoe@me.com is not the same as j.o.h.n.doe@me.com

5. macloverJP thread starter macrumors newbie

So, what's the deal?? Why Apple deleted your @me.com address??

6. auero macrumors 65816

My only guess is I once used that email when I had .mac/mobileme

Once they moved the systems over finally it might have caused some issues. *shrug* I think I was getting errors the day before but mail was coming and going fine.

I just want my mail to work now.