iCloud: emails not being delivered

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by silvetti, May 26, 2013.

1. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Hey guys!

I'm having an issue today as emails are not being delivered to my gf's iCloud account. I think Apple needs to get it together... on the web version icloud.com there are 5 emails on the inbox. On the mac mail client there are 180. On the phone 180 as well.

I have sent 3 emails form my @me.com account to hers and they don't get delivered, I've tried with attachments, without attachments...

I've tried sending from different accounts and nothing gets delivered.

I know this is a free service, but come on... how do you want to compete with Google if all your services fail in the real life :/

Anyone having same issue today ?

I know it works most of the time, but if every week we have a 5 hour gap that the delivery doesn't work it proves itself pretty pointless IMO.

----------

Maybe it was because I complained here :D

Suddenly my gf's iPhone started beeping like crazy and i have 19 emails with timestamp 18:38/18:39...

Well... problem solved, but I think I will seriously consider moving back again to Gmail :( (which I really didn't want)

2. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

This is getting ridiculous...

Today I got email on my phone, check on www.icloud.com, it's not there.

Tried different browser, reset cookies/temp files, nothing...

On iCloud status page there is no outage or problem of any sort...

3. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Have you called Apple Support yet?

If not....you should.

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Maybe it got sent to the junk folder? Sometimes I get email on my iPhone and when I check on my Mac its in the junk folder.

5. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I checked the SPAM folder and all other options :(

It was temporary as i got the emails 1 hour later again.

Next time this happens I will call Apple.

6. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I'm starting to like both gmail and icloud mail less and less as time goes by. I've been testing out mail.com services and so far I like it a lot.

7. iclouderr macrumors newbie

I also have that problem :/. I've been sending very important mails, and I was shocked when i sent a mail to my friend and he did not receive it! Made some tests and that's true, mail are in "Sent" section , but not delivered !
    What's the cause of that problem :eek: :confused: .
    Don't want to return to Google services , but if it'll continue with a ZERO reliability, I'll leave ALL iCloud services !

8. len303 macrumors newbie

OSX mail iCloud .

err,

send test mail from iCloud webmail , delivered .

send test mail from OSX mail not delivered , but oddly , mail shown in both OSX Mail & iCloud WEBMAIL sent boxes!!

go figure . ?

Im on virgin broadband in the uk.

9. LoveMyPens macrumors member

Sent... maybe not!

I've been using iCloud email for a couple weeks now and I love it except for one HUGE problem. I send emails or at least I think I do, but sometimes they don't send. In fact, they aren't in the sent items, aren't in the drafts... just gone as if they never existed. I did this last night three times in a row. I was sending an email to my work and I went to double check that it sent. 3 times I sent it but 3 times it vanished. iCloud email would be a no brainer for me if it was reliable. And I really wanted it to work. Very disappointed :mad:
    Gmail, I guess I'm coming back :eek:

10. guizareis macrumors newbie

Gmail is way more reliable and faster through the web...I`ve tried to switch to icloud a couple of times but got disappointed and decided to keep using Gmail

11. LoveMyPens macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to go with outlook.com. Tested it a few times before and it seems just as reliable as gmail and outlook.com's web interface is so much more simplified. We shall see...

12. guizareis macrumors newbie

Looks like a good platform too...good luck! I will probably use Icloud mail and in case of failure emergency Outlook or Gmail..the problem of Gmail is privacy concern, adds and spams. I never got so much spams in my life. Average of 40 a day..:mad:

13. LoveMyPens macrumors member

I had too many icloud occurrences with supposed sent items disappearing. I can't double check ever message I send to ensure it went. And what happens when you write a long email and that happens. Very frustrating and unacceptable IMO. Anyway I hope it works out for you.

14. guizareis macrumors newbie

Not even 24hrs trying to use Icloud and switched back to Gmail...definitely not worth the risk of email failure...

15. LoveMyPens macrumors member

I've decided to give iCloud email another shot... bcc'ing myself on all messages as a failsafe. Not a huge email user so it shouldn't be too much of a nuisance.