Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegas33139

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Muffsville, Jannerbama
Hey guys, I upgraded my iPad pro and my 6s to 9.3 and everything is fine, but, I enabled my iCloud free storage and uploaded my phone photo's but my iCloud app is empty even though it say's I have used up 2GB!!

Any ideas folks?

Thank you.

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2016
Sorry guys. I should have said iCoud 'Drive'
iCloud Drive is for 3rd party apps to save files, like imovie, keynotes and other crap. When you open the app, you are not gonna see your photos or whatever you have there, but in the settings app in the icloud section.

Reactions: Vegas33139

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok, I see. So, why is it telling me I have used up 2GB of space? Is that the photos that I have uploaded to the iCloud?

iCloud Drive, iCloud backup, iCloud photos all share the same space of 5GB total (unless you upgraded your storage to the 50GB for 99 cents/month).

You can't view your photos or backups directly from the iCloud drive app however.

Vegas33139

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Muffsville, Jannerbama
Many thanks, Armen. I still find it incredible that you can't log into icloud to see your backed-up photos and videos straight from my iPad Pro. Or is there a way?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Many thanks, Armen. I still find it incredible that you can't log into icloud to see your backed-up photos and videos straight from my iPad Pro. Or is there a way?

I think you can browser your iCloud library from iCloud.com but not photo stream or backups.

go login and have a look. There are a few things you can do.

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
Hey guys, I upgraded my iPad pro and my 6s to 9.3 and everything is fine, but, I enabled my iCloud free storage and uploaded my phone photo's but my iCloud app is empty even though it say's I have used up 2GB!!

Any ideas folks?

Thank you.
I had this similar problem. There was a "phantom" 1.5 gb or so taking up room out of my free 5GB. I had a hard time imparting this or getting the first level telephone support person from Apple to understand this. Their suggestions were to either delete stuff to free up space or spend the $0.99/mo for the 50 GB tier. But, with patience and persistence and -*gentle*- refusal to concede the first level tech agreed to have a level 2 "senior advisor" consult with me -- who referred my issue to Apple's iCloud engineering team.

IMO, instead of taking my route -- instead, I'd suggest you do an online chat with Apple support where I think you can share a picture or screenshot in the chat with them. And since you have nothing in your iCloud drive you can quickly dismiss any "well, just delete some stuff" suggestion as you don't have anything TO delete, yet still 2GB is still "in use".

Just to shout or yell or be angry. Just be nice, but insistent that it is an actual issue for you.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool

Go to settings -> general -> storage & iCloud usage -> then select manage storage under iCloud.

This will show you what is taking up space. If you are using iCloud backups they will count against your storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.