iCloud & excel

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Delta Heavy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Delta Heavy macrumors member

Hi all

Couldn't find answer for this, I have upgraded to ios5 & lion but stopped at iCloud and still using mm mainly for iDisk, I use ms excel, will Icloud store/ sync these files across my mb to iMac,

If you could let me know would be a great help

Thanks
    Delta

2. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I am in the same position. Have used my .mac apple ID to set up iCloud as would like to keep MM certainly until MS office updates with versions which should enable it to to be iCloud compatible. Maybe it's wishfull thinking but f it doesn't happen, I'll be using Dropbox a lot more after July 2012

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

You can upload an excel file to iCloud but I think it's converted to Numbers format as part of the upload. Have got the option of downloading it again as an Excel, but it's not obvious if this is the original file or result of 2 conversions. I suspect the latter. Also no syncing between OS X devices, just upload/download.

iCloud documents are really just for syncing iWork docs between iOS devices, and facilitating a way to get them to/from OS X at the moment.