iCloud folders gone after update

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by McDuck12344321, Apr 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. McDuck12344321, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018

McDuck12344321 macrumors newbie

Hello.

After I updated from Sierra to Sierra High I lost around 30gb from my iCloud Drive. At the moment the folder in iCloud drive only contains some basic folders. When I log in iCloud drive through the browser there is a little bit more folders, but no where near everything.

I tried to uncheck the sync in the system->preferences-> iCloud drive, but that did not do anything.

Has anybody experienced something similar? It is some very very important files and folders I lost, so I am quite frustrated right now. I looked in the deleted folders in iCloud driv, but there is none of my missing files.-

I hope somebody hav a suggestion what I could do?

Best Regards

2. chabig macrumors 603

Give it time to re-sync. If you didn’t delete anything it should all be fine. If not, you’ll restore from backup and be ok too.

3. McDuck12344321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the answer. I have been waiting 10 days now, so I do not think it is gonna come. How can I restore from backup?

4. chabig macrumors 603

Yeah. That’s too long. It makes no sense. Do you have a backup?

5. niji Contributor

niji

is "Optimize Mac Storage" turned on? (Preferences/iCloud/ iCloud Drive) and were you running out of space on your mac when you did this upgrade and are you paying for enough space in iCloud storage?