iCloud has been a nightmare for my iPhone, can anyone please help me fix it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I have never been able to use iCloud without experiencing hell.

If I turn it on, all my notes get deleted, contacts gone and some new contacts get in my phone, safari gets messed up, words get added to my keyboard dictionary, it's horrible.

I have 2 questions.

1) How can I delete everything in iCloud COMPLETELY so there is absolutely nothing there? No contacts, no safari stuff, no notes, no keyboard dictionary settings, NOTHING.

2) How can I get what's ALREADY ON MY PHONE saved into iCloud and NOT what's in iCloud ON MY PHONE!!!!

Ugh please help me!!! :mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Then merge what is on your phone to icloud to upload all your current stuff to the cloud.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Applejuiced hit it on the head. Delete all on the cloud and sync again.

Just for extra security I also do a full backup on my computer every few weeks so I have a 100% backup of my phone in my computer.

I suggest you do this before you do the above!

GO TO: Settings/iCloud/Storage/Manage Storage and then delete your backup there.

Enjoy

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Just to be safe backup everything on your itunes library first.
    Always good to have multiple layers of failsafes.

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

When I go to iCloud.com and go to Settings I don't see where I can delete evertying? :(

6. noobinator macrumors 601

Go to each section 1 by 1 and delete away.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    go to Mail, contacts, calendar, notes etc...
    Start deleting everything.
    Not in settings.

8. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Ahhhh ok when I go into contacts...

ALL MY MOM'S CONTACTS ARE IN THERE!

We share an icloud account so we don't have to pay twice for apps.

NOW WHAT?

9. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Personally what I'd do is highlight all her contacts export to a vcf file under the settings cog and after you sort your stuff out get her her own iCloud account! Is it really necessary to share an account these days? Are you saving a lot of money by doing so? This could be why random words appear in your keyboard etc..

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Tell your mom she's using it wrong.

You need a shared family account for the app store only, a personal account for everything else.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    Tell her to go to icloud settings and turn off contacts in the settings so you don't all get everyone's contacts merged together in all your phones mixed up.

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Or have your own Apple ID and your own iCloud account. Then if you want to install an app on your phone that your mother has bought with her Apple ID, sign out of iCloud on your phone. Then have your mum sign into her iCloud account on your phone and access the App Store. From there she can download any apps you want that she owns. Then she can sign out of iCloud on your device and you can sign back in. Et voila, you have the apps you want but none of the conflicting iCloud stuff.

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Step 1: Set up your own, brand new, fresh account.

Step 2: Add your phone to it and let it sync your contacts and everything from you phone.

Step 3: Enable Family sharing between the two accounts.

Now you'll have your account, she'll have hers, and you can share apps. Everyone is happy.

14. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Family Sharing not required

If you don't want to do Family Share, you can still have separate iCloud accounts while still using the same Apple ID. You just have to think of it in this way ... AppleID and iCloud accounts aren't the same thing, although many times, they are the tied to the same email account. That's why everyone's always confused.

Here's how I would do it in your situation.

Let Mom be the primary and you're the secondary.

AppleID used for music and app purchases should be under the mom@email.com account. Both you and mom would use this as your AppleID.

Mom would also use mom@email.com as her iCloud account and have her Notes, Calendar, Contacts be hers.

You would set up an iCloud account using you@email.com and would only include your notes, Calendar, and Contacts.

Make sure you back up your phone before you go switching your iCloud accounts, otherwise, you may be in for a lot of retyping.

ft