Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
My wife and I just got new iPhone 13 Pros on T-Mobile. My wife is new to iOS and great at finding things wrong with it, specifically the calendar. One of her biggest finds is that the iCloud Holiday Calendar has everything off by a day (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, etc). I've found anecdotal posts across the internet that this might be a time zone issue. I've confirmed that my phone is correctly detecting Eastern (New York, and we're in Atlanta), and that the override time zone setting is off in the calendar. After confirming these two settings, and doing a hard reset, the calendar is still wrong. Is this a time zone bug, a calendar bug, an iCloud data issue... ?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Are you just using iCloud or are you using any other providers for email / calendars?

I’ve only got iCloud setup and mine is showing as the correct date.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
So I removed iCloud calendars from the phone, re-added them, and now the dates are correct.

There is still an "Other" calendar called US Holidays that has incorrect holiday dates. All I can do is hide that calendar, no way to remove it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.