iCloud - How did you manage 2 accounts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PreetinderBajwa, Feb 16, 2012.

1. PreetinderBajwa macrumors regular

Hi,

I am sure this is not a unique problem, I would like to understand how did other manage it ?

1. I have a .mac/.me address which I got when I bought my first mac. This has all my mails and emails, calendars etc
    2. I used a gmail account to register my iTunes account after iPhone came out for the apps and music etc

Now by June this year everyone is supposed to migrate to iCloud. My problem is my mails and data is .me and iTunes purchases are on gmail. How did you manage to sort such a mess out !

The goal is :

1. not to buy the apps and content all over again... a lot of money sunk in
    2. retain the mail contacts calendars etc..... on .me

and have it work as one on iPhone, mac and iPad !

Thanks

Preetinder

2. Roquefort macrumors member

It's based on Apple IDs.

You can use your .mac/.me address for iCloud and it will continue to handle your email, contacts, and calendar.

You can continue to use your gmail address for your iTunes Apple ID and keep all past purchases. Just follow the setup instructions in this Apple Support article.

3. Ralphalph macrumors member

Ralphalph

Merge Fix Coming

Rumor is that Apple is working on a way to merge accounts, but for right now you just need to keep them separate. I use me.com for mail/contacts/calendar, and my gmail account for all purchases. IOS and OSX are set up with this in mind. To your point, I would continue to purchase things with one ID or the other to keep that consistent.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

As Roquefort suggested, migrate your existing .mac/.me to iCloud, and continue to use your gmail account separately for your iTunes/App store purchases.