Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icloud1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I have a MBP, an iMac, an iPad 2 and an iPhone 3G.

I upgraded from MobileMe to iCoud today.

Now it seems like there is no way for me to receive my @me.com mail on my iPhone 3G anymore. I'm not talking about iCloud support on the 3G, I'm talking about the Mail app being able to simply receive and send email.

Are there no IMAP settings for iCloud @me emails for the iPhone 3G?

Am I screwed with checking email on my iPhone until I can buy an unlocked iPhone 4s when they ship in November?

ldawson

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Me too

:confused:Bingo! Exactly what I'm experiencing with my iPhone 3G. Followed the directions to the letter and I get invalid user name/password. Whew, hope this gets addressed. Can't use an older (not oldest) iPhone with iCloud mail...

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Same here on a 3G. But I'm hearing many people are still having problems with logging in, so I guess it's the Apple servers that aren't working properly. In the end this is just a normal IMAP/SMTP service, so it really shouldn't matter what kind of iPhone (or any device for that matter) you're using.

okenter

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2007
Me Too!

I have followed the Apple support document HT4864 to set up my memail on my iphone 3g and also on my win xp computer's outlook express. Outlook Express just gives me a server disconnected error. The iPhone 3G says wrong name or password. It is so frustrating!

FFW

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2008
For the incoming mail server try using mail.me.com instead of imap.mail.me.com

Worked for me but I was a previous MobileMe user.

Icloud1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011

Doesn't work for me. I'm a previous MobileMe user also.

okenter

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2007

It did not work for me either. What is up with apple?!? They just crap all over loyal users.

okenter

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2007

Now it seems like there is no way for me to receive my @me.com mail on my iPhone 3G anymore. I'm not talking about iCloud support on the 3G, I'm talking about the Mail app being able to simply receive and send email.

Am I screwed with checking email on my iPhone until I can buy an unlocked iPhone 4s when they ship in November?

Just curious, is your iphone 3g jailbroken? Mine is. I was just wondering if that has anything to do with the email not working. I doubt it though because I also can not setup icloud mail on outlook express on win xp.

Icloud1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Just curious, is your iphone 3g jailbroken? Mine is. I was just wondering if that has anything to do with the email not working. I doubt it though because I also can not setup icloud mail on outlook express on win xp.

My iPhone 3G is NOT jailbroken.

cysrus

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011

FWW you have saved my 3G iPhone!
I tried for four hours reading all the threads on the internet and nothing worked.

THIS DID! Now I have my MobileMe e mails on my 3G thank you so much!

dshreve

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2012
Finally something that works!!!

Incoming mail server: p03-imap.mail.me.com:993
Outgoing mail server: p03-smtp.mail.me.com:587

Apple needs to post this on their site. Took me waaay to long to find it.

guinesscrowley

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2010
This works but there is more to it....

Don't enter "p03-imap.mail.me.com:993" as the Incoming Server
Don't enter "p03-smtp.mail.me.com:587" as the Outgoing Server
I did this before realizing that 993 and 587 were meant to be Server Port Numbers.

Your Incoming mail server should be - p03-imap.mail.me.com
Your Server Port should be - 993
Your Outgoing mail server should be - p03-smtp.mail.me.com
Your Server Port should be - 587

After doing this you also have to go to your iPhone 3G Mail Settings > Outgoing Mail Server > SMTP > Primary Server. In here you have to add your User Name and Password, even though I think it might say it's optional. Also check and make sure you changed your Server Port to 587. Hit Done to enter this info. Let it verify and you should be good unless some other piece of your account info is wrong.

I can now send and receive my iCloud mail on my 3G iPhone running ios 4.2.1(8C148)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.