iCloud/iMovie persistent folder creating

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CasuallyDressed, Apr 6, 2015.

1. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

I've just upgraded to Windows 8.1, installed iCloud (mainly for Chrome bookmark syncing), hidden the iCloud folder that gets created in my documents folder, and now I have a problem that I didn't have on Windows 7...

The iCloud folder keeps becoming unhidden every time the PC gets rebooted. This sets my OCD off as I like my PC neat and tidy and I don't want to see that ****.

The only thing inside this folder is an iMovie folder, which is itself empty.

Is there a way to keep this iCloud folder hidden? I assume iMovie is the culprit here, recreating/refreshing itself and making itself unhidden.

To quote Bad Boys 2:

"This is a stupid ****ing problem to have, BUT, it is a problem nonetheless"

Thanks in advance!

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

I think it might be that it gets remounted at every startup (Apple's implementation, I guess) so it unhides since Windows sees it as a new drive.

Try this:

- Right-Click on Computer
    - Click Manage
    - Click on Disk Management (should be located in the bottom left section)
    - Right-click on the iCloud Drive and select "Change Drive Letters and Path"
    - Click on "Remove" and click "Yes"

Don't remember if this trick would work with it but try.