iCloud is just ridicolous

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ezio007, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ezio007 macrumors member

I'm impressed.. iWorks apps are working just from www.cloud.com
    Still no sync between Yosemite and IOS8...

Are you having the same problem?

2. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

iOS 8 and Yosemite iCloud / Sync documents are running on another server for than the normal/official one.

3. ezio007 thread starter macrumors member

So how am i supposed to make it work

4. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Unfortunately right now you can't. You'll need to wait for the the official release or be running both iOS 8 and Yosemite for the syncing to occur--however, none of your documents will update on iCloud.com if you do that.

There is no way around that, as these are test servers and not meant for productive use. Apple is pretty clear about that as soon as you open up an iCloud compatible app, in that big box that pops up saying it's not going to sync outside of iOS 8 and Yosemite.

In addition, documents stored inside the test servers are technically not safe from being destroyed. Apple may reset the servers at any point during the testing and definitely will once the beta period is over.

5. ezio007 thread starter macrumors member

I AM using both iOS 8 and yosemite..
    And its not syncing anywhere

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Document changes will only be able to sync between iOS 8 and Yosemite devices.

In the case of iWork, you need to download the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote beta .ipa files and install them on your device.

7. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

Both iOS 8 and Yosemite are in beta stage, so this functionality is now locked.

8. ezio007 thread starter macrumors member

I did that

9. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

I can tell you that my experience syncing between iOS 8 and Yosemite has been buggy and intermittent, when it does work.