iCloud is really fast!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dccorona, Oct 12, 2011.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I must say, I'm very impressed with how smooth and quick iCloud is.

I was updating my calendars after transitioning my MobileMe to iCloud...I had some events in my iCal on my mac that I had thought would transfer over, but didn't (they were stored in google calendar). I had iCloud calendar open on the web, and was dragging my calendars from google to iCloud inside of iCal, and they appeared instantly, and without refreshing, on the web version of iCloud

Anyone else been very impressed with iCloud so far?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Apple learned for MobileMe. Expect iCloud to be blazing fast, efficient, and mostly bugless :D

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

It's fast on iCal, but I can't get it to sync with Exchange...

4. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

iCloud will only be as fast as your internet connection plus your devices read and write speed.

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Right, but the point the OP is making is that iCloud does not seem to be limited at all by server response time on Apple's end.

6. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

?? iCloud won't sync with exchange.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Sorry - I worded that poorly. I have Outlook syncing mail with our company Exchange server, but have my contacts and calenders stored in a local pst file (not in the company Exchange server). Neither my contacts nor calendar events will sync with iCloud.

8. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

for the most part, the types of data iCloud will be dealing with is going to seem instantaneous because iPhones/iPads have fast read/write speeds, and most of the files are small so slower hard drives won't affect it much

9. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Got it. Not familiar with how MM worked on PC side so i assume (based on mac side) you will have to wait until they release a PC based iCloud control panel. But again i am no help here. sorry.

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

They already have released it and that is what I was using to try and set it up!

11. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

for now. i hope it lasts.