iCloud Issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ngaham, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ngaham macrumors regular

ngaham

I set my iPad 2 up for iCloud backup and I thought all was well. Then I noticed that it is wanting to backup 1.1GB on the camera roll. However I have no pictures or videos on my iPad and only 2 songs. Any idea why this is?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Beta might not recognize all this contacts, emails, apps ect.....but it counts as well.

3. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham

I don't have any of my contacts synced from my iPhone. My calendar and apps are synced but I can control those all separately on the iCloud's settings.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Beta! So something is not syncing right. Heck even on my mobileme account is should be stable right still get mess up with syncs!

5. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

check the app data thats being backed up.. some apps (garageband, iWork, Downcast etc) have large data files and that can easily go into the gigabytes.

6. shandyman Suspended

this would not be classed under camera roll on the apps list in iCloud backup on the device, so not really a relevant comment......

7. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham

I have checked all the other applications and they each have their own size below it under the iCloud settings. None of them even come close to that size that it's showing under the camera roll. Its kind of odd that it shows that much and there is nothing showing in the camera roll.

8. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

is it trying to "backup" from your PC to your iPad?
    well... Not exactly backing up but more like syncing (downloading the files from your "My pictures" folder to your iPad)

9. shandyman Suspended

it's possible there's just a glitch in your camera roll, this is beta after all, if you have pretty much nothing in camera roll, then i'd suggest a clean restore.