iCloud issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Chevelle, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Chevelle macrumors regular

I'm having issues with iCloud on both my phone and macbook pro. My iCloud hasn't been backed up in a while on my iPhone 6. I've been trying to back it up all day because I want to get an S tomorrow. I haven't been able to back it up and have tried several troubleshooting steps that I have found.

It seems the best way to fix the issue is by deleting the most recent backup. I can't do this from my phone (common problem from my research) so I need to do it from another mac device. I'm logged on to iCloud from my Macbook Pro but I can't manage iCloud. (see pic below) The buttons are inactive. What am I missing?

Attached Files:

2. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Might seem a daft questions but are you sure you are logged with your Apple ID (iCloud) account on both devices? I understand you want to backup your iPhone, it is possible to do this manually in settings.

Have you tried going into Settings > iCloud and then make sure all options are enabled? Also, if you go into iCloud > Backup and then tap on "Back Up Now" it should backup your device. Could you please elaborate on what type of error you are receiving?

You shouldn't need a Mac device in order to backup your iPhone, unless it specifically states you to do so. Have you considered backing up via iTunes so as to avoid iCloud and then restore on the new device?

It might be a good idea to follow these steps to figure out a solution:

1. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts & Calendars -> Add Account. Then choose iCloud, enter your details and this adds your iCloud account to your iDevice.

2. if “Restrictions” turned on in Settings > General > Restrictions; tap Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts and set this to Allow Changes.

3. Reset the network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings).

If the methods mentioned above doesn't fix your issue you can try third-party tools to backup your devices.