iCloud issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aidan04, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Aidan04 macrumors newbie

Aidan04

hey everyone.

I got a Mac-Mini and iPad pro.

I used iCloud for some time, and i was very satisfied. when i worked on a pages file on the mac, it automatically appeared on the iPad 'pages app', and vice versa.

Suddenly, yesterday, when i finished working on some document, the status: 'waiting to upload' appeared and never let go. it stayed this way all night long, and the same thing happened on both devices (iPad and mac).

Of course i read on the web, and did everything i could to solve it: i reset both devices, i logged out and back in iCloud on both, i made sure the settings are well set and so on.. nothing solved this problem... it still stuck on 'waiting to upload' without even reaching the first 1kb..

BTW, when i logged out iCloud, it erased all the pages files, but it still there on iCloud.com... it's not a problem for me to bring it back to the mac or the iPad, but since the iCloud service is on break i can't see the profit..

Help would be appreciated :)

Aidan.

2. foraging_ferret macrumors newbie

foraging_ferret

Have you tried making a duplicate copy of the file and saving it under a new name? Then you can delete the original.

3. Aidan04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aidan04

the duplicate copy is 'waiting to upload' as well.. in fact i can create files over and over and they all waits for something.. Steve Jobs only knows what...:(

4. foraging_ferret macrumors newbie

foraging_ferret

I meant save it locally while you troubleshoot the issue.

5. Aidan04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aidan04

What do you mean by locally?
    On iPad i just tap the file, hold it few seconds and tap to duplicate it, and on the Mac i right click it and duplicate it.

Before i delete the source copy, both files waits to upload, after i delete the source copy the duplicate one waits still. When i try doing it fast it's all the same.