iCloud iTunes match Improvement

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by fenderbass146, Oct 3, 2011.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

This may be common knowledge now but just wanted to share my experience.

I got iTunes Match the first round it was released. When I did it the first time it took a day or two of restarting and starting to get it matched and when it did it only matched under 600 songs out of 10000+. So the remaining 9000+ it had to upload took about a week

Since all iCloud library was reset it matched over half of my songs( still not great, but at least shows major progress). It also uploaded all my music overnight and is good to go. So far all the songs have downloaded fine to my iPhone that i have desired.

There where also a few small graphical changes in iTunes relating to iTunes match.

I am really excited about iTunes match more then really any other feature, it also makes me think that there won't be a 64 GB iPhone, however I could be wrong.

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I am very eagerly anticipating this as well. It will allow me to cut 10+ GB off my data backups easily. Hopefully the matching will become more efficient as time goes on.

Quick question, are you able to see which tracks were matched and which weren't? Also, are you able to then "fix" the unmatched songs (i.e. modify the data or file names, etc.) so that they are matched?