iCloud Keychain disables itself

fuoco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Hi, on my iPhone 4s, since upgrading to iOS 8, Keychain is off everytime I check it. I have to enable it many times each day. On the iPad it stays ok.
What can be causing that problem?? Is it a bug anyone has experience with? Ideas for solution?

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Do a hard reset of phone (Home button + Power at same time til you see Apple Logo) and see if that fixes it

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Do a hard reset of phone (Home button + Power at same time til you see Apple Logo) and see if that fixes it
This is like mashing the reset button on your old tower computer. Apple suggests it only as a last resort. If you do it on a regular basis, you are asking for corrupted files on your device.

A.

fuoco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Yes, I do. Otherwise it probably wouldn't allow it at all.
It generally working, just about once a day I'd notice that it's suddenly disabled...

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
It generally working, just about once a day I'd notice that it's suddenly disabled...
Happens to me everyday. Already talked two times with Apple Support to re-enable it only to find it disabled the next day! Bloody annoying!

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Do you have a passcode enabled on the device? I'm pretty sure that's a requirement for keychain to work.
No you don't need a passcode for it to work. Mine works fine and I chose not to have passcode.

----------

Don't need passcode to work. Mine stays on and have no problems

----------

This is like mashing the reset button on your old tower computer. Apple suggests it only as a last resort. If you do it on a regular basis, you are asking for corrupted files on your device.

A.
Ha.. Not really... Apple also advises not to JailBreak, but we know how that goes..

You'll be fine in this situation. I just do a respring on minor stuff (if needed) but very rarely run into conflicts. If you don't want to do that then just do a power down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.