iPhone iCloud Keychain isn't sending verification text?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kupkakez, Apr 12, 2015.

1. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yesterday I got an iPad and I'm trying to setup my iCloud Keychain. I get to the part where it is to sEnd a verification text to my phone but it doesn't. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? I've tried rebooting, toggling iCloud Keychain off then on.

2. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

I had this issue, also it wouldn't prompt my Mac for verrification either. Had to call apple and get them to reset my account

3. XmeX macrumors regular

4. illyb2000 macrumors 6502

This was resolved by going into advanced settings and dropping the extra digit I had for the phone number. So I had +44 0**** ****** (had to drop the 0)

Can only access the advanced settlings once you get the text or Apple reset you.

5. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

6. =E= macrumors regular

=E=

I had the same problem with my iMac. But I didn't call Apple.
    After a while I verified via my rMBP and iPhone. And now iCloud is up and running. Strange that I had to verify on both of the devices. I had to try several times.

7. kupkakez thread starter macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Dang I wonder whats going on. Looks like I'll have to call!

8. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Keychain Activation through text never actually works for me. I always have to approve from another device.

I get the text and I type in the number given to me, but it just loads forever after that and never actually does anything.

9. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I played with this for about an hour the other day and just gave up. I'll just live without keychain.