General iCloud Keychain Looks Like Part of Apple's Plan to Slow Jailbreak Progress

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TypeMRT, Sep 11, 2013.

1. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

iCloud Keychain was removed from iOS 7 GM and looks to be added back via an update when OS X Mavericks is released. It makes sense that Apple would also include a security patch for a jailbreak if it's released soon. I'd rather the Jailbreak developers wait for the next feature update (7.0.x or 7.1) so that we don't miss out something big like iCloud Keychain. But I can see that turning into a never-ending game.

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Mavericks will come maybe October maybe November.
    They are not doing it later for the jb, but as an attraction point for mavericks w iOS devices. It is all to get more sales an to polish the system more. It will affect the jb, but is not going to be the cause. Hell. Maybe if they wait for the next revision the hole might already be patched by apple and we lose our chance. Every new iOS fw has been harder to find holes. The jb decide when to release their jbs based on how many people at one moment can take advantage of it.

3. TypeMRT thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds like iCloud Keychain needs Mavericks to work even though it should work without it. There's no reason that I shouldn't be able to sync my iPhone & iPad keychains if they're both running iOS 7 and attached to the same iCloud account. Some people don't even have a Mac, so does that mean they don't get iCloud Keychain.
    I really hope the Jailbreak devs hold off until this is up and running.