ICloud Keychain n00b question

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by eric3312, May 27, 2015.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I just set up iCloud Keychain on my iPhone 6...created an iCloud security code to approve devices with and the service is toggled on.

I also have all options in Safari settings for Password and Autofill enables (name, credit card, etc.)

I just opened Safari and went to Macrumors. I logged into the forums and didn't get any kind of prompt to save my password to the keychain. I went into the saved passwords and it's not there either.

Does this service not work with Macrumors? Am I missing something?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

IE on Windows 10 works perfectly on macrumor.com, I mean, saving your password. In fact, when you Crete your account, safari will give you suggested password. If you accept the suggestion, safari will save it as your login password, as well as the user name. But this probably the only chance safari could remember it. After that, you may have no chance to save your password.

3. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Some websites are a bit iffy with keychain, Mac rumours being one of them.
    The trick with macrumors and such websites is to enter your login details but instead of pressing login you refresh the website and than get the save password prompt.
    Still watch out tho because websites with these issues also normally don't save the password properly when you change it. Out of my 80 accounts there is like 3 websites that don't work properly, so it's rare and not the norm.