iCloud Keychain question

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sohaloh, Nov 13, 2013.

1. sohaloh macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    So I just setup iCloud keychain and used it to generate passwords for all of my accounts. Now I just have a small question. The other day my phone was acting funny and wasn't working on wifi properly. So I did the forget network thing, and then went back to my mac to see my wifi password in the keychain (my wifi password is like 18 random characters) anyways I go there and the password is also deleted from my mac and its no longer connected to my wifi. So basically the phone synced and deleted the account from my mac too. I had to go back and check the password on the backside of the modem. Now my question:

If inadvertently you delete something from your keychain like your generated email password or forum account password it gets deleted off your keychain but the password for that account remains the same. So in essence you can never access your email again because there is no way to know what iCloud generated. Also, is there any risk of iCloud going down, or losing all the info in the keychain. That would be a total disaster. If someone could please explain this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

2. timothybrabant macrumors newbie

You can always just have your password emailed to you using said sites "forgot password" thing. Quick question though, how did you get your wifi password into the keychain?

3. sohaloh thread starter macrumors regular

The keychain automatically saves all your wifi info and syncs it to all devices. You can't look at it on the iPhone but can on your mac.