Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Interesting, iCloud keychain determines what passcodes are "weak" and makes you choose a different code.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.PNG
    IMG_0072.PNG
    100.9 KB · Views: 125

maricc

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Interesting, iCloud keychain determines what passcodes are "weak" and makes you choose a different code.

This is probably for the best. There is a password strength quality control via keychain on OSX

Comment

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
This actually turned me off because my four digit pin is rather unique and it won't let me use it.

Comment

cristian.rivera

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
I noticed that in the iCloud account settings there is an option to use a simple code but it has no effect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 68
Comment

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
That is a bug. No matter what combination key code it will tell you it's weak. Set it up via iCloud panel in mavericks instead and it will let you choose whatever pin you want.

Comment

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
That is a bug. No matter what combination key code it will tell you it's weak. Set it up via iCloud panel in mavericks instead and it will let you choose whatever pin you want.

Whew, thanks for sharing that. I was going crazy because every number combo I tried it complained was too insecure. After a while I just gave up for fear of creating some PIN that I would forget and end up locking myself out of important aspects of my Apple ID.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.