Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iCloud Library doesn't sync to Phone

Poesn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
My iCloud library doesn't sync so my phone when I add something on my Mac, but vice versa everything works just fine.

ochaa

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2015
I have exactly this issue also. Tried multiple attempts to re-add iCloud music to my photo (via settings -> Music -> iCloud Music toggle - choosing both merge and replace) and no luck. Is everyone seeing this? Has apple acknowledged it?

Poesn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
When I delete everything and toggle the iCloud library off and on again and choose replace it would work, but i just made 25 GB of songs offline available and I will not do this again. Also: My albums that I can't sync with apple music but upload manually don't show up either. I hope there is a workaround.

ochaa

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2015
how did you delete everything? I have 60GB of music I take with me - not looking forward to making that all available offline :(

Do you now get reliable sync from Mac to iOS after this?

Oddly syncing to my iPad just works, so I feel like this is a bug with Apple Music

Poesn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
I decided that since Apple music had almost everything in my library I would just replace everything with the apple music stuff (after thoroughly backing up my library) and then I downloaded everything again. But no after this I still can't get my mac to sync stuff to my iPhone.

ochaa

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2015
ok good to know, thanks for the information. Sounds like this isn't the fix I was hoping for. This has to be a bug. I hope Apple are listening to these issues...

Poesn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
Me too, I'm not willing to use this fix again, after manually adding and downloading 30 GB of music ^^

Poesn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
Woah, after a few hours it just synced the missing titles to my phone... just so.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Yeah, there seems to be a lag between updates getting to your computer. Hoping they improve syncing soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.