iCloud Lock has been hacked!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by nox5, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nox5, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

nox5 macrumors 6502

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems pretty much the same thing that's already been covered a couple of weeks ago: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/06/disable-find-my-iphone/

(Also, based on various comments, it seems to bypass Find My iPhone, but Activation Lock, which is server-side, seems to still remain if you were to restore the phone or something like that. Furthermore, it seems like the issue isn't present in iOS 7.1 betas so far.)

3. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

What's with the title I wouldn't think this is a finally type situation.

4. nox5, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

nox5 thread starter macrumors 6502

This means if someone finds your iPhone in the street etc. Find my iPhone feature could be easily turned off without the owners's password.

5. xcrunner macrumors regular

There's a million reasons to use a pass code. It stops so many flaws and issues. Just do it.

6. CEmajr, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014

CEmajr macrumors 601

It still doesn't bypass activation lock. I've tried it on a locked phone some guy sold me. After restoring to factory settings it will still ask for the iCloud password.

7. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

And how would they bypass the screen lock? This is one of the reasons to add a lock code.

I feel this is a non-issue until people discover how to bypass the screen lock.

8. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

hmm except that it is not?

just because you do does not mean everyone uses a password lock.

in fact, you'd be surprised how many don't.

9. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Fair point. Well, perhaps this article will help educate those who don't use a lock code.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

By the same logic not everyone by far would have Find My iPhone and thus Activation Locked enabled (even if they might have a passcode too).

11. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I never use a screen lock. All sensitive data resides in the data vault. If my phone is stolen, I go buy another and move on. Only device I do use a screen lock is on my iPad at home. I do so because I allow it to memorize passwords.

Guess I have been lucky as I have never lost a phone or had one stolen, then is never leave it laying around to present opportunity. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.