iCloud Lock Help

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by RobinHood5, Apr 7, 2014.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

The company my dad works for recently fired several employees. When they got their company iPhones back they all were locked with find my iPhone. Unfortunately the first thing the IT guy did was restore them all, now their all stuck at the locked screen. He sent one home for me to try to get into and i'm looking to see if anyone knows if this will work.

From iOS 7 beta you can easily downgrade to iOS 6. I am currently downloading iOS 7 beta 6 for iPhone 5 (torrenting) as well as downloading iOS 6.1.4 (last iOS 6 update for iPhone 5). Will I be able to restore to the beta build of iOS7, then restoring to iOS 6? Anyone tried this before?

The IT guy that has all of these tried going through apple to get them reset but there were so many hoops he was going to have to jump through to get there that he gave up. Any other ideas about getting them unlocked, even through apple would be great.

(No this is not a scam or someone who stole iPhones)

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

You can't do nothing about it.

They can either contact Apple to sort it out, ask the employers the unlock them or charge them full price.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not that it even really matters in a situation like this, but all iOS 7 betas have expired long ago.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Once a device has hit the server on activation lock it is on the lock, as discovered when several developers downloaded off the early 7.0 betas.

Your IT guy needs to either jump the hoops or scrap those phones cause there is no way to trick the system (if there was it would be pointless to have the system)

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This. They are probably better off calling the former employees and having them provide their password. If they refuse, his company can probably charge them the price of the phone since I am sure they signed something when given the phone.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

There's little chance of getting around it. The fired employees need to log in to icloud and remove the iPhones from their accounts. I had to get the guy I bought my iPad mini from to do it. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

This is why company phones are no longer a good idea. Get a discount with one of the carriers and do bring your own device.

7. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

I really think were in the BYOD era but something has got to give with the carriers. The obvious reason companies provide phones is because they get them stupidly cheap because their a business, they can't afford to just pay for each employees $90 a month phone bill. Phone companies need to make a plan where instead of offering companies great deals on phone plans in a bulk purchase, they let the employees buy their own phone, get what they want, then set up the phone service under the company account.

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Oh I was talking about the 20-25% discounts you can get from AT&T and Verizon on your own plan. Then employers aren't bothered with it and employees have choices and don't have their cell service dependent on where they work. Company provided or reimbursed phones and plans are such a 90s-2000s thing. So many people with company phones have a personal phone anyway.