iCloud locked Ipads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gsc1ugs, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Gsc1ugs macrumors newbie

Is it actually possible to take off the icloud lock if your ipad is locked? password lost, email lost, cant login on identity, seems a waste of an ipad, is it stored at Apple or on the ipad?

2. madgibbon macrumors member

Nope, thats the whole point of Apple introducing the iCloud Lock. Its a bit strange for the genuine owner of an iPad to not know there personal details to unlock it!!

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Sounds like iCloud Lock is working exactly as it should.

4. sampd macrumors member

Ask in the jailbreak forum, they get asked this all the time.

;)

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Why do you think it is a "waste"! It is doing exactly what Apple planned and protecting the one who lost it from having any data stolen. This iCloud Lock is one of Apple greatest security features!

6. newellj macrumors 601

It's only a waste in the sense that someone who steals an iPhone or iPad can't profit from their theft. :rolleyes:

7. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

We use iPad's in our enterprise and have had to contact Apple numerous times to remove the iCloud clock when someone really can't remember their details and resetting their iCloud account is not an option. Apple has a department to deal with this. We have to supply the official purchase order showing the serial number of the device and pass that over to them. They then can unlock the iPad. I'm guessing if you could prove to Apple that this device is indeed your own and you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, they should be able to remove the lock for you.

It wouldn't be as simple as visiting the Apple store however, as this would defeat the purpose of the lock in the first place, but it can be done.

8. newellj macrumors 601

I think that's probably right - if you had the receipt with the serial number and perhaps had registered it on the Apple web site when you purchased it. The hurdles would be pretty high.

9. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Yes the hurdles are high and from what I understand has caused lots of issues for Apple and Enterprises. This is why we had to provide the original purchase order and the delivery receipt from the company we ordered from.

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

My iPad Air is lost last weekend I am struggled to understand how iCloud Lock work...Is it turn on by default or what? I have iCloud on my iPhone, rMBP, and iPad Air to share photo, documents, etc but iCloud Lock???

11. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

You get prompted to turn it on when you set up your Apple Device. You can decline it however.

Go to iCloud.com and login with your Apple ID. Click Find My iPhone. You should then be able to click in the middle at the top and choose your devices from there. If they're on there, then you should have iCloud lock turned on

Attached Files:

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yeah I can see my lost iPad Air but it has not turned on since last Saturday, I assumed someone found a way to bypass it. Oh well.

13. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

You can't bypass it. That's the point. You could put it into lost mode, and if it ever connected to a WiFi hotspot that you've used before, say Starbucks or McDonalds or if you have the cellular iPad, a message would appear on the screen. Sorry for your loss :(

14. newellj macrumors 601

If I understand you correctly, it could be that the battery has simply gone flat. :(

15. Badrottie, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015

Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Battery was FULL when I lost it :(

How does it work? All Starbucks and McDonald required you to sign in or click to agree button before you can use wifi??