iCloud locked iPhones/iPads on eBay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kyledonbaker, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyledonbaker macrumors newbie

I have noticed people bidding on eBay for iCloud locked devices. Why would they be doing this unless there is a way to unlock it? Are they completely changing the hardware? Is there any way around the iCloud lock that anyone knows of?

2. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

3. kyledonbaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Excuse me? I'm not stealing anything if I purchase something. Why don't you go file a complaint with eBay if you have an issue with it. I'm pretty sure the iCloud lock is part of find my iPhone, so if it was stolen, I think they would have either tracked it, or they didn't care enough and either bought another one or it was replaced by apple. Maybe these people forgot their passwords, I've seen it happen. I'm not going to ask. Either way, they are being sold and it seems that not much is being done about it. So if I can make some extra money to feed my family repairing broken phones, then that is my prerogative and none of your damn business. If you don't have an answer, piss off and don't pass judgment on me.

4. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Your post is so full of ******** it's amazing.

First:
    If the owners forgot their password they can recover calling Apple support, not by selling the phone.

Second:
    After you restore the phone to original Find My Phone tracking is disabled but you cannot fully restore it without the original password.

Also, in case you don't know buying stolen goods knowing they were stolen is a FEDERAL crime.

You are asking on an Apple forum how to bypass a security measure that was put into place so people like you don't make thieves want to steal iPhones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.