iCloud Login - Verification Failed

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Tomkins!, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tomkins! macrumors member

Anyone else seeing the "Verification Failed" when trying to log into iCloud? Not once have I been able to log into it on El Capitan. And I've tried the various fixes people have suggested.

Does the newest Public Beta fix this?

I've read online that this error is (possibly) related to Two-Factor authentication. But it's just El Capitan that's having problems with it.

2. SplitEights macrumors newbie

I had the same problem.

Previously, I was never able to login to use iMessage from my desktop Mac, but basically ignored the problem (used my iphone). After El Capitan, I was not able to access iTunes or iCloud at all.

I did notice that I was missing a serial number on my computer (from Finder, go to About This Mac). Somehow my serial number got wiped when I took my Mac in for a hard drive exchange (recalled under warranty).

This webpage showed me how to reinitialize the serial number (etched onto the footplate of the Mac chassis). It's moderate difficulty, but not impossible. The trickiest part was getting disk utility to actually burn the Blank Board Serializer to CD. After that, very simple and after restart, everything works!

http://rogersm.net/icloud-problems-mountain-lion-serial-number

Hope this helps anyone missing a serial number!