Icloud Login

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davewhit, Feb 3, 2015.

1. davewhit macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me please everytime my wife switches her iphone or ipad on it keeps asking for her to login to icloud even though she doesnt use icloud for backup, she uses her laptop. i have turned everything off in the settings to do with icloud like photos and stuff but still doing it

help please

dave

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You have to use your appleID to make purchases. Could it be asking for that? Make sure you go to settings---icloud---sign out at the bottom.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Enter password for the Apple ID...then it will stop nagging.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

There is a bug in iOS 8. I've been experiencing it for a while now. What you need to do is sign out of iCloud. Then sign back in, but make sure the first letter of your email address is not capitalized. It has to be lowercase and the issue will go away. There are plenty of posts on Apple's community support website.

I was being asked to sign in about 10 times a day. Now the issue has gone away for a week now after doing what I mentioned above.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep, I am thinking it is a bug as out of the blue my 6+ asked for my cloud ID . Was not buying anything or even on a website. Have not see it after that.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Happens to me some days. I do use iCloud, I am signed in, I repeatedly sign in when prompted, and I don't have any upper-case characters in my username or password.

8. davewhit thread starter macrumors newbie

she does use her apple id to make purchses its only happens when she switches the phone or ipad and and she signs in as it ask and everything goers ok, its just a pain asking everytime she switches on

----------

dont think she is actually using icloud as its switched off i am sure but will try it thank you

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

that is normal then. If she constantly toggles her apple ID on and off, it will ask for the password each time. The same is true when you restart your phone.

10. davewhit thread starter macrumors newbie

dont understand when you say toggles her apple id on and off she doesnt, she doesnt use icloud to backup on her phone she does that through the laptop so icloud is never switched on, my phone enever ask for my icloud id when i switch on