iCloud/Macbook Pro hack - Pretty freaked out.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tysonp, Dec 23, 2013.

1. tysonp macrumors newbie

So had just been on my macbook pro for the past few hours and had just finished watching a film when I had a Find My Mac alert pop up on my screen. Although I couldn't believe it at first, I logged into my iCloud account and changed the password and then went to my email inbox to see that yes, a sound had recently been played. I quickly went to see if I could get in touch with anyone at on the mac live chat line but it is not available overnight here in australia. Furthermore, despite having done a hefty bit of googling, I can't see anything about something like this happening on the web.

Is there anyway that I can find out from whereabouts the unauthorised request was made? The idea of someone who is in the business of hacking into other peoples icloud accounts gives me the creeps. Also, am thinking I should potentially go to the police.

2. AirThis macrumors 6502a

Could it possibly be that your wife or kids were playing with an iPhone/iPad and stumbled upon Find My Phone? It might be harmless, but I think you were right to change your password immediately.

3. tysonp thread starter macrumors newbie

I am the only one who has access to my particular iCloud account and have two devices linked to it - my iphone which was next to me and this laptop...

4. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

5. AirThis macrumors 6502a