Resolved iCloud mail on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shandyman, Jun 8, 2011.

1. shandyman, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

shandyman Suspended

on my iPad, in the mail.app i have my main gmail account and my new iCloud me.com account, setting up iCloud in the same way on the iPhone, it doesn't have the iCloud mail account in the mail.app there. i have it all set up the same on both devices, in the mails, contacts, etc it has the icloud account and the gmail one. the difference is on the iPad in icloud -> account, at the bottom there is an advanced section that says mail User@me.com which is not on the iPhone in the same place.

Anyone have any idea why this is so?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

me.com is MobileMe, not iCloud. You should stop referring to it as iCloud so people don't get confused.

Why didn't you just import the Mail accounts when you synced your iDevices? That way it should be the same on both.

3. iKennett macrumors 6502

Not true... your iCloud account can also be @me.com In fact I created a 'iCloud account' using the iPhone for the wife and it provided us with a @me.com account.

4. iKennett macrumors 6502

What are you logging into iCloud with? Have you turned mail on for iCloud?

5. stupidm4n macrumors member

When you set up your NEW icloud account did you use current email address which cant be a @me.com or did choose Get a free iCloud email address which creates you a new @me.com address ?

iCloud and MobileMe both use me.com for now

6. iKennett macrumors 6502

I know this if directed at OP but my experience...

Logged into iCloud using @gmail.com account which is also my iTunes Store ID and then went to turn on 'Mail'. At this point is asked me to create a @me.com address but nothing else in terms of password etc.

If I log into iCloud with my @me.com address and other password it works find BUT defaults user ID field to me @gmail.com address.

7. shandyman thread starter Suspended

This is what I did on my iPad. It then gave me a me.com mailbox. Turning on mail in iCloud on the iPhone and I don't have that mailbox.

I can add another iCloud account with the new me.com address but I then have 2 iCloud accounts showing in settings whereas iPad just has it all under the one. I'll do screenshots later when home to illustrate.

8. GeekAhead macrumors member

GeekAhead

I used to have @me.com through MobileMe. I wont be able to get that address back ??

9. stupidm4n macrumors member

So did it give you a @me.com email address which shares your @gmail.com itunes store account password

10. shandyman thread starter Suspended

Yes, any email sent to the me.com goes to that account, which I can access on iPad and in outlook

11. stupidm4n macrumors member

so if you go to set up new email on iphone but under icloud not mobileme tab will it let you set it up ok that way ?
    Under the i cloud tab in mail set up when You have to enter your apple id do you enter your @gmail.com or @me.com connected to the @gmail.com

12. shandyman thread starter Suspended

On the iPhone I can add a secondary iCloud account which is the iCloud me.com address but the iPad does it thru the one account, that's what I'm wanting on the iPhone. Like I said, will do comparative pics when I get home as that might make it clear what I'm trying to get across

13. shandyman thread starter Suspended

Interestingly, i've restored the iPhone and not restored a backup and now the email account is there! lol. Random glitch then.

14. Kal El macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me but un reverse. I set up my iPhone first and when setting up the iPad it wouldnt show me the @mac email address. I then deleted the iCloud setting from the iPad and reset it using the @mac address and it all worked fully with the iCloud showing my original iTunes account as the registered account and the @mac address in the email.

15. apfelfreak32 macrumors member

apfelfreak32

I have both iPhone and iPad with the iOS Beta 2. First time I set up my @me email on the iPhone. It works fine.

After that I put the Beta on my iPad 2. In the email menu the inbox of my @me account is there but it doesn't get any emails there :(

It is as if the iPhone had picked all the mails with pop3 and nothing is left for the iPad :confused: