iCloud Mail - Web interface

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by solinari6, May 12, 2016.

1. solinari6 macrumors member

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

The iCloud Mail Web interface drives me nutty. I always access this on my PC. On my PC, my mouse wheel is set up to scroll a whole page down with each turn of the wheel.

Apple, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to override this wonderful feature, and have my wheel scroll down one line at a time. Which is freaking ANNOYING when reading mail.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the mail interface to work "correctly"? I can't stand this scrolling one line at a time crud. :(

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. solinari6 thread starter macrumors member

That's a great question, and I'm not sure why I didn't think of that!

So it works the "one line at a time" way on Chrome and IE, but firefox works as expected.

Certainly a bummer for sure, since i'm SO used to using Chrome, not sure I want to switch to firefox for that one page. I wonder what causes the difference?

4. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

Firefox on Windows has smooth scrolling enabled by default. I can't even find that setting in Chrome any more, so I'm not sure if you can change it.

5. solinari6 thread starter macrumors member

Well, every other page scrolls correctly on Chrome for me. It's just the iCloud page that doesn't, so I don't think it's a global Chrome setting causing the problem.