iCloud Message not there?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Kinkoman1337, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Kinkoman1337 macrumors member

Kinkoman1337

Maybe this is dumb and I’m just so tired I’m missing something. But I updated to 11.3 and went to my iCloud setting and messages isn’t there... all the screen shots I’ve seen and videos show that’s where it should be, so I can turn it on. But I can’t find it for the life of me.

I have a iPhone X and have hard rest it as well, just in case.

Again maybe I’m dumb or blind. But...

2. CopyChief macrumors regular

Nope, not you. It didn't make it into the final release for some reason, although it was in the last round of betas. Maybe coming in 11.4?

3. Kinkoman1337, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

Kinkoman1337 thread starter macrumors member

Kinkoman1337

Well.....why Apple, why?

I also like the fact all the youtubers who had the beta didn’t even really know it wasn’t put in. I watched bunch of what’s new videos and they so far have all talked about it as if it was included.

4. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

It just wasn't ready, and rather than taking their chances with the ensuing calamity they pulled it. Personally, I'm glad they did, as opposed to releasing it half baked. When they get it right, we will get it.

5. cschmelz macrumors 6502

i don't get why the ZERO notice to the world that they were going to pull it plus the silence about when we may see it return.

We beta tested it, seemed to work....mostly. Then boom, gone....

Why Apple? Transparency anyone?

6. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

Zero notice to the world? 99.99% of the world that owns an iOS device has no clue what features are in beta testing. Also, the fact that they are beta features is already warning enough that they may not make it into the final release.

That's why it's called BETA

And yes, you will somehow survive with this functionality.

7. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Appreciate the condescending response! Glad you AND Apple choose to keep the beta testers who champion their products in the know....Even some sort of minimal "Hey, this didn't work out in beta, we will try to push this out in the near future" would be great, right?

8. -BigMac- Suspended

-BigMac-

dude there is only about 300 threads about this. Please use search feature.

9. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Maybe you haven't seen the release notes when it was in beta test that "iOS 11.3 beta 1 includes Messages in iCloud for testing and evaluation purposes". It wasn't meant to be released but to gather feedback on what issues people may experience and during the beta cycle some users did reported issues. You can read through the beta threads on what those are.

10. friednoodles Suspended

Apple's damned if they do and damned if they don't.

People have been complaining about software quality and how many bugs are in iOS. Now people are complaining when Apple doesn't release something that needs more testing. :rolleyes:

11. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

This right here. Not relating to the topic at hand, necessarily, but there's always this "How about they finally do this?", and when they eventually do this, what ever it is, it's "too little, too late".